Knife skills operative
AK Recruitment is currently looking for Knife skills operatives in Broxburn area.
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the boning and/or trimming team in the factory, produce of cuts and trims of meat to client’s specification. Undertake all duties as directed This role will involve working to challenging production targets and therefore can be stressful. The role will be based in in cold/chilled areas of the factory.
- Trim and bone, as directed by their supervisor, to customer specification and at line speed
- Be familiar with the daily production plan and work as part of the team to set up the line, complete checks and ensuring materials are ready to use
- Perform all prestart, hygiene and safety checks as directed
- Report all breakages, damages, or defaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all equipment/machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed
- Ensure that the product is of the highest standard and report any issues to the Line supervisor immediately
Qualifications and Training:
- Previous boning/trimming experience is essential
- Previous experience working in a high-volume meat processing factory highly beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- All training provided