Finance Analyst / business partner
AK Recruitment is currently looking for a Finance Partner – Accountant / Analyst for one of the largest housing enterprises in Scotland based in Edinburgh.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will work alongside various departments in the organisation. You will provide managers with financial insights and analysis with a view to make informed decisions that help to drive the business forward.
Real-time communication is critical to the role as is an understanding of the audience. Therefore, you must have highly developed communication skills coupled with commercial awareness and proven analysis abilities to form active and productive partnerships with operations and management.
We have outlined some of the generic responsibilities this job role entails below.
- carry out all accounting services
- provide support and advise to the business
- prepare and present financial information to the management team
- working closely with colleagues
- arranging finance related audits
- producing financial reports
- carrying out work relevant and appropriate to the responsibilities to the post
Ideal candidate should:
- be qualified accountant with recognised accounting body (e.g., ICAS, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- have proven experience in a financial or management accounting role
- have proven experience of statutory financial reporting and audit
- have ability to present financial information to a varied audience
- have advanced level of IT skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word)
- have knowledge and experience of financial ledger system
- have knowledge and experience of housing, charities, social care, social enterprise property or other voluntary sector organisations
- have knowledge of social funding regimes
Hours of work:
35hours per week usually worked between Monday and Friday, however flexible working arrangements will be considered
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience
6 months probationary period
35 days per year including public holidays, 40 days after 5 years’ service
Authorised out of pocket travel expenses are reimbursed
Non-contributory Healthcare Cash plan scheme for employees and children under 18 years old
Initially the contract is for 12 months fixed period, however it will become permanent for the right candidate.